7 Things to be thankful for…regardless
Thanksgiving is a tradition and a bit of a routine we all get into, but don’t really appreciate. Yes, it is a holiday, a time for food, football, more food, etc. But, what about taking time to appreciate some of the simpler things in life? Get out of the rut and off your butt. If you must, chose another day to pick up complaining. As I have said many times before, “everybody has issues, now what?” We are all facing challenges, so why not put them down for a time and find some things to be grateful for? If you are having trouble finding something to be thankful for, here is a list of “thought starters” to get you going. I bet if you tried, you could find something to be thankful for.
- Life – If you have the ability to read this, you are probably alive. Enjoy the fact that you have another day above and not under the ground.
- Love – If you have family or are in a relationship, take a minute to enjoy the fact that there are people that genuinely love you for you. If that special person has not woken up yet and materialized on your doorstep, love the one person you are always with…you. Regardless of what is going on with the status of relationships in your life, you can always choose to love you.
- Happiness – Happiness, you say? Yes, happiness! Whatever makes you smile and brings you joy, be thankful for that. Personally, I love my family and music. I can never get enough of either and they both bring me joy. What is it for you, what brings you joy?
- Friends – Spending time with friends is a sure way to keep your gratitude attitude intact. Want a friend, be a friend. Have a friend, appreciate them.
- Family – We can sometimes take our family members for granted, particularly after a little turkey and some libations on turkey day. Two of the most power words in our relationships with our families are “thank you.” When was the last time you told a family member or loved one, thank you. Try it out, I guarantee it will rock their world and make you more appreciative of who they are in your life,
- Faith – We can be thankful that at the end of the day, our heavenly Father loves us, in spite of us. Properly applied faith teaches, comforts, encourages and leads us in all times. As my friend Michael always says, “Enjoy the journey.”
- Hope – If life currently lacks all of the things you think it should, be thankful there is hope for the future. Regardless of how dim things might look, there is always tomorrow. Don’t put off the gratitude today; know that things will get better.
What are you thankful for? Who can you say “thank you” to today?
Photo credit: Veer.com
J’s Music: Don’t Give Up (feat.Pink and John Legend)