The storm of the century is here…again.
When a super storm is about to hit, the hype is amazing. Many times it goes from five feet of snow, to two feet, to half a foot, to a light dusting by the time it actually arrives. But occasionally, there really is a whole heap of snow coming.
What can you do to keep yourself occupied if you get snowed in? This is by no means a complete list, but here are a few ideas:
- Help thy neighbor, especially if they are elderly or shut in
- Catch up with friends on Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Write a blog
- Think about all of the things you don’t have to do because of the snow
- Think about all of the things you will have to do because of the snow
- Enjoy your babies…if you have kids
- Enjoy trying to make more babies (Grown folks business)
- Have a real conversation with your spouse and actually listen this time
- Make up new names for the “STORM OF THE CENTURY.” Here are some favorites I heard:
- Snowtorious BIG
- Make snow ice cream. Beware the naturally lemon looking snow. In the words of Frank Zappa, “Watch out where the huskies go and don’t you eat that yellow snow.”
- Make breakfast in bed, then refer to number #7
- Bake something tasty, warm and sweet
- Admire how pretty the snow is…from the inside
- Go outside and play. Appropriate for any age
- Cuddle up and have a movie marathon. Then, refer to #7
- Finish that in-house project you have been promising to do
- Have neighbors over – if they can dig out and get to you
- Just plain sleep
What do you do when the big one hits?
Photo Credit: Colorful Umbrella In Snowstorm by MITJA MLADKOVIC, veer.com